Saturday, March 6, 2021

Extruded foam Not just for scenery


 

 

We just finished the interior framing. Before we did the framing I put extruded foam insulation in between the purlons. They are 2x4s so 1 1/2 inch thick sheets fit flush. I thought it rather unusual that I was using this stuff for insulation. I though they just made this stuff for model railroad scenery. I guess you can use it for insulation too. Once that was done we built stud walls between the posts. This will let us drywall and finish the walls and ceiling in the the train room. Now we wait for the frost to come out of the ground so the electrician can run power to the building. Once the electrician is done and all inspected then its HVAC, drywall,trim, paint and flooring. 


Although I have been pretty busy doing the 1 to 1 scale building The UPS man brought me a nice treat yesterday. A box from Scale Trains. Got one of the brand new SD45s and and some covered hoppers. These are my first freight cars from them and they look great. Hopefully I will get some pictures and get a review posted in the next few days.







No comments:

Post a Comment

      Happy New Year everyone. Well it has quite a few months since I last posted or even worked on the layout. After some prolonged health ...