Tuesday, May 25, 2021

First Ever Layout Update

 

 

I know the headline might be a little misleading as I have not yet started to build. However, with the 1 to 1 scale build on the room progressing, I am trying to finalize the track plan. Thanks to those who commented on the previous incarnation I post a few months ago. I hope to post a revised track plan soon. However, in the mean time I have been experimenting with deck heights.After work today I went out to the train room and used some lumber scraps to do a mockup. The deck heights as shown are 38 and 57 inches. I am 5' 11" and will play around with these for a few days. One thing I might add is to cut some cardboard and add a fascia/valence to the upper deck to see how that impacts the lower deck. There is too much info available online so I will just add to the mix. Especially for those with multiple decks, I would be curious what heights work for you. Feel free to post below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

      Happy New Year everyone. Well it has quite a few months since I last posted or even worked on the layout. After some prolonged health ...